Italtex: Womenswear Colour and Fabric Trends AW 2020/21
We present the creative suggestions for next Autumn/Winter 20-21 telling three style stories:
- - Sophisticated Look
- - Mix and Match
- - Glam Tweed
- Key words are: elegance, sobriety, tradition
- Natural fibers match man-made. Wool, alpaca, mohair and cashmere are protagonists.
- Fabrics are compact, for garments with well-defined models. A portion of stretch fabrics is always present.
- Constructions include double-face fabrics for coats, tubular weaves for suits, fancy weaves for blazers. Classic twill and basket weave for clean designs.
- Many checked patterns but also hound’s tooth and textured solids.
- The palette ranges from black and white to grey, beige and camel browns sometimes relieved by touches of brighter colours: reds and orange, yellow and acid greens, underbrush shades.
- Milling and brushing are the key finishes for coats and jackets; clear cut and decatising for suits.
Black and White Mood
Neat graphic effects in black and white - the opposites enhance each other.
The fabrics for this look are double face fabrics with patterns on the face and plain reverse, double jersey in woven imitation patterns with thick over-printing and geometric jacquards.
Still wide presence of checks, window-pane checks, glenchecks and, above all, plaids. Focus on warm tones matching dark hues. Basket weaves and jacquards reproducing traditional patterns
Beige and Burgundy
The sophisticated beige and burgundy combination is presented on different bases: simple patterns on mock leno, a variety of relief effects with chenille made on a crochet loom, and small jacquards.
The whole women’s wear trend is available at the Italtex Womenswear Colour and Fabric Trends AW2020/21.